We have developed an extensible framework for hands-free interaction with depth sensors. It has been tested for work environments for presentation control and in an automotive setting for hands-free media access.
It can cope with the limited resolution of ToF sensors - 160x120 pixels are enough to enable interaction in a range up to one meter, with 90 degrees wide-angle optics 70 cm have been tested.
- Extracts arm, hand, finger coordinates in real-time using a structure analysis algorithm
- Finger detection and tracking down to single-pixel readings
- Embeddable - headless ARM HF version exists
- Features web-based configuration interface
- Stable hand pose classifier for typical use cases
- Static and dynamic gesture detection for clicks, wipes, cursor control,...
- Optional zones of interest define local coordinate systems to associate finger positions to devices or physical surfaces.
The algorithm assumes the sensor to be positioned in a region below or above the hand, which extends its use to augmented reality / virtual reality applications as well.
- Cleanroom device control - medical & health devices
- Automotive media control
- POS Infoterminal interaction
Contact us with your requirements for a detailed quote.